Newave Music & Arts Education is seeking experienced instrumental tutors to join their growing peripatetic team. We are particularly interested in tutors who are able to deliver sessions in a Staffordshire, Birmingham, Dudley, Derbyshire, Worcestershire and Solihull.
As a leading independent music and arts organisation, we offer performing and visual arts experiences to schools and academies across the Midlands. We are currently recruiting music tutors in all disciplines to join our peripatetic team and encourage tutors who specialise in the following areas to apply:
- Piano / Keyboard
- Drums & Percussion
All applicants must:
- Have at least 2 years working in an educational domain teaching your first instrument
- Be confident, enthusiastic and inspiring when working with young people.
- Have a driving license and be willing to work flexible hours
- Be familiar with national curriculum frameworks for music
- Be able to adapt to different schools environments and behaviour policies
- Have experience of preparing students for instrumental examinations
You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and attend Child Protection and Safe Guarding training. Newave Music & Arts is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful candidates will be paid between £24.20 – £35.15 per hour. Flexible working time is available.
Salary range from £22,567.90 – £35,595.70. This is dependent on experience and qualifications.
How To Apply
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- A copy of your recent CV
- A cover letter explaining your experience working as a peripatetic music teacher
If successful, you will be invited to interview where you will be asked further questions about your experience and may be invited to lead a short workshop with a group of young people. Details will be confirmed in advance.
Deadline: Friday 25th November 5pm