As a leading independent music and arts organisation, Newave Arts offers performing and visual arts experiences to schools and academies across the Midlands. We work closely with a number of Music Hubs within the Midlands and provide both ongoing and short-term staffing solutions throughout the academic year. We are particularly interested in tutors who are able to provide both ad-hoc cover and ongoing regular weekly delivery.
We are currently recruiting music tutors in all disciplines to join our peripatetic team and encourage tutors who specialise in the following areas to apply:
- Guitar (all styles)
- Piano / Keyboard
- Drums & Percussion
- Voice (singing teachers)
We are also recruiting:
- Early Years Music Leaders
- Primary school curriculum music teachers
- String Tutors
- Brass Tutors
- Woodwind Tutors
All applicants must:
- Have at least 2 years working in an educational domain teaching your first instrument
- Be confident, enthusiastic and inspiring when working with young people.
- Have a driving license and be willing to work flexible hours
- Be familiar with national curriculum frameworks for music
- Be able to adapt to different schools environments and behaviour policies
- Have experience of preparing students for instrumental examinations
You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and attend Child Protection and Safe Guarding training. Newave Music & Arts are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Joining The Newave Music & Arts Network
As a growing network of professionals, we are keen to recruit music leaders with the passion and expertise to supports schools and colleges with high-quality music education delivery. Alongside our partners and clients, Newave Education is committed to raising the standards of teaching and learning through a collaborative approach to music and arts education. For more information about our values and mission statement, please visit our website.
For more information, visit http://www.newave-education.co.uk/jobs/instrumental-tutors
Successful candidates will be paid between £18.20 – £35.15 per hour. Flexible working time is available.
Salary range from £22,567.90 – £35,595.70. This is dependent on experience and qualifications.
How To Apply
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A completed Application form Newave-Education-Application-Word-Version-08.03.17
- A brief cover letter with your application
If successful, you will be invited to interview where you will be asked further questions about your experience and may be invited to lead a short workshop with a group of young people. Details will be confirmed in advance.
Deadline: Friday 7th April at 5:00pm