Newave Arts Education are seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working and reliable Dance Leader to join their Creative Arts Team. The successful individual will lead weekly Dance / Physical Theatre experiences to primary and secondary school students and be responsible for ensuring students receive a high quality and inclusive dance experience.
As a Newave Dance Leader, you will work as part of the Creative Arts Team and be responsible for leading weekly dance sessions and devising performances. You will be required to have an understanding of how dance can be used and embedded into the National Curriculum to enhance the learning and engagement of Children and Young People.
You will be based at Ingestre Hall Residential Centre, where on occasion, you will be required to lead dance workshops as part of the Ingestre tutorial team. You will also be required to lead dance experiences as part Newave’s WOW Week Projects. This will involve delivering creative experiences alongside other Newave Creative Practitioners and working as part of a wider arts team.
There is also opportunity to develop into a more managerial position within Newave if the candidate demonstrates strong leadership skills. This will be reviewed throughout your employment with Newave Education.
This job requires you to deliver occasional overnight stays at Ingestre Hall. This will be discussed in more detail at interview stage.
You will be expected to:
- Lead engaging, inspiring and informative dance sessions
- Devise performances with Young People based around a theme or narrative
- Have an understanding of how school topics can be embedded into dance
- Support students to devise original dance / physical theatre performances in a variety of dance styles
- Lead well-structured dance experiences and be able to think on your feet
- Have strong class management skills and provide an inclusive dance environment
- Have basic music editing skills in order to appropriately splice music for performances
- Have strong communication skills and be IT literate
- Good behaviour management when working with groups
Position: Dance Leader
Team: Creative Arts Team
Start Date: 8th January 2018
Payment Scale: NW4 (BAND C)
Salary Range: £18,000 – £24,000 pro rota
Employment Type: 38 weeks (1 year with opportunity to extend)
Extended Deadline: 19th January 2018 5pm
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 01543 479 990