NewaveArts are seeking to appoint a Vocal practitioner / tutor who will be responsible for leading weekly singing lessons in secondary schools across Birmingham and Sandwell. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for the arts and have an have proven track record of delivering high quality singing lessons to Young People between the ages of 9 – 18 years.
As aSinging Teacher for Newave Music & Arts you will be expected to deliver engaging singing lessons to the highest possible standard. You will take pride in planning exciting lessons which enthuse and inspire the children and young people that you work with and prepare any resources to support this. Applicants should be confident, energetic and positive and have previous experience of leading vocal ensembles and supporting student through vocal examinations. Experience within Early Years and KS1 is desirable but not essential.
You will be expected to:
- Deliver high quality, inspirational singing lessons to Young People
- Lead one to one and small group singing lessons
- Have experience in preparing students for vocal examinations
- Lead after school groups with a Musical Theatre focus / Glee club
- Be a specialist who has a strong knowledge of your subject
- Prepare all necessary planning and resources
- Successfully manage classroom behaviour with confidence
- Identify pupils with SEND and differentiate lessons accordingly
- Think on your feet and be flexible to adapt to school needs
- Set a positive example to pupils by being enthusiastic, fun and inspiring
- Lead and co-ordinate pupil performances where necessary
- Develop strong working relationships with school staff
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply, please download the below application form.