Newave Arts Education are seeking a Ukulele / Guitar Teacher to join their growing team to work in schools across Birmingham. This role is suited for a music leader / teacher who is passionate about music education / music making and is keen to join a forward thinking and dynamic arts organisation.
As a Newave Ukulele Teacher, you will work as part of the Music Education Team and be responsible for leading weekly peripatetic music lessons to primary schools across the Birmingham area. This will consist of Whole Class Teaching and occasional ensemble leadership.
You will be required to have an understanding of the Music National Curriculum and have experience delivering Whole Class Instrumental to KS1 & KS2 students.
You will be expected to:
- Lead Whole Class Music Curriculum delivery (KS1 – KS2)
- Have experience preparing relevant music resources
- Have an understanding of Music National Curriculum
- Have an understanding of topic based learning
- Lead well-structured music classes and be able to think on your feet
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Have strong communication skills and be IT literate
- Demonstrate strong behaviour management
- Have a passion for music making
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of your specialist instrument
- Have experience in client liaison and front facing services
- At least 2 years experienced in delivering whole class instrumental
- An understanding of the Music National Curriculum
- Be flexible in their approach to delivery
- A good track record of excellent classroom management and behaviour management
All of our employees and associates are selected on the basis of their experience, qualifications and most importantly, their personality. As a growing organisation, we invest in the training and development of all of our tutors and employ over 120 individuals on a regular basis. We look for the following personal qualities:
- Strong communication skills
- Brilliant interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good time-keeping
- A ‘can-do’ attitude towards their work
- A passion for learning
We are also interested in individuals who demonstrate a passion for developing their practise and have the interpersonal skills to represent the organisation at networking and training events.
To apply for this role, please click on the below links: